McKillop Library loan rules and periods:
Salve students, staff, and special borrowers such as alumni and Friends of the Library are permitted to check out up to 25 items at one time. DVD borrowing is limited to 10 DVDs checked out at any one time. Loan rules and periods for materials from other HELIN libraries may vary.
Who is eligible to borrow?
- Salve Regina University Faculty, Students, and Staff: Active faculty, students, and staff of Salve Regina University with a valid SRU ID may borrow material.
- HELIN Faculty, Students, and Staff: McKillop Library is a member of HELIN, the Higher Education Library Information Network, which extends borrowing privileges to active faculty, students, and staff of Brown University, Bryant University, the Community College of Rhode Island, the Dominican House of Studies, Johnson and Wales University, Providence College, Rhode Island College, Roger Williams University, University of Rhode Island, and Wheaton College. Holdings of all these libraries are included in the online catalog. HELIN faculty, staff, and students must have their University/College ID with them in order to check out library material.
- Special Borrowers**
- Alumni: Any member of the Salve Regina University Alumni Association is eligible for McKillop Library borrowing privileges. Alumni must present valid photo ID in order to obtain a special borrower's card.
- Aquidneck Island Teachers: Eligible for McKillop Library borrowing privileges. Teachers must provide a letter from their school's principal verifying their current employment status. Teachers must present a valid photo ID in order to obtain a special borrower's card.
- Dependents: Salve Regina University employees dependents are eligible for McKillop Library borrowing privileges. A dependent is a spouse or a child of an employee. The employee must present current SRU ID, and the dependent must present valid photo ID in order to obtain a special borrower's card.
- Circle of Scholars: Students currently enrolled in the Circle of Scholars program may borrow library materials.
- McKillop Library Community Borrowers Program: Members of the community not affiliated with Salve Regina University as faculty, student, staff, or alumni, nor are active faculty, student, or staff at any HELIN institution, are welcome to join the McKillop Library Community Borrowers Program for a fee of $100.00 per year. Patrons must present a valid photo ID in order to obtain a community borrower's card. Community borrowers may borrow circulating books, audiobooks, and DVDs located in the McKillop Library collection only.
**Please note: special borrowers do not have HELIN borrowing privileges or access to databases from off-campus.