Step 6: Finding Books, Articles & VideosSkip to Step 7: Finding websites
Finding BooksSee our Searching the Catalog tutorial for or a quick overview on how to find books in the catalog and request items from other libraries.
- HELIN Online Catalog: Find books at McKillop Library & other HELIN libraries.
- InRhode Catalog: Find and request books at Brown University Libraries.
- WorldCat: Search a wider range of books on a topic.
- Interlibrary loan: Request a book that no HELIN libraries own.
Help & Tutorials
- Find a children's book
- Find an e-Book
- Request a book from another library
Finding ArticlesA database is a large collection of organized data that can be used to quickly search and retrieve information. Most library databases contain citations, abstracts, or full-text journal articles from thousands of magazines, journals, newspapers, historical documents, and other literary works.
The McKillop Library subscribes to over 150 databases. Two of the most frequently used general databases are Academic Search Complete and JSTOR. These databases contain full-text articles or citations to articles from journals, magazines, and newspapers on a broad range of topics. To identify a database in your field of study go to the Databases by Subject page.
- Databases by subject: Find articles by topic
- Databases A-Z: Find a database by name
- Journals list: Look for the full-text of an article from a citation or browse journals by title.
- Help & Tutorials
- User guides for various databases
- Guide to finding articles
- Find scholarly articles
Finding VideosMcKillop Library owns over 5000 videos, including popular movies, plays and documentaries.
We also subscribe to databases that provide streaming educational videos:
Enter a title or subject in the search box below to begin searching for videos.
Books, articles and maybe even videos are great resources to include in your research project. But what about websites?
Websites can be a great resource....if you know how to find and evaluate the information. Let's take a look...