Documenting the history of Salve Regina's teaching, activities, and operations, the University Archives collects and makes available materials created by the University's students and alumni, faculty, and staff. University units deposit their permanent records to the Archives for arrangement, description, and access. For more information on this process, please see the Records Transfer page.Digital Collections
- Digital Commons: Archival and manuscript collections in the Salve Regina institutional repository.
- Dissertations and Honors Theses: The University Archives keeps print copies of Ph.D. dissertations and select theses from the undergraduate Pell Honors Program. Online versions of a selection of theses and dissertations can be found in this collection in Digital Commons.
- Photograph and Image Collections: Hosted in Shared Shelf, this collection includes photographs and video from Salve Regina’s history. The Archives will add media as it is processed, digitized, and described.
- Archives Photographs: This collection documents events, departments, and functions from throughout Salve Regina’s history.
- Property and Architecture Photographs: Images depicting Salve Regina’s properties, including photographs and some plans, are available in this collection.
- Yearbooks: This collection contains digital copies of Regina Maris, the yearbook from 1951 through 2004.
Finding aids for some of the archives and special collections are available in Rhode Island Archival and Manuscript Collections Online (RIAMCO). Most of the archives and collections do not have finding aids online.
- Doyle (Mother Mary Matthew) papers: This collection contains biographical information and correspondence relating to Mother Mary Matthew Doyle, first President of Salve Regina University, 1947-1948.
- Office of the Vice President of Administrative Services and Community Relations, Thomas Flanagan: This record group contains papers of the administration of Thomas Flanagan as the Vice President of Administrative Services and Community relations from 1992-2003 for Salve Regina University.
- Miley (Mother Mary Hilda) papers: This collection contains biographical information, administrative reports and correspondence relating to Mother Mary Hilda Miley, second President of Salve Regina University, 1948-1964.
- Photographs of University Properties: This collection contains approximately 1250 photographs related to the buildings, landscapes, and artworks owned by the university.
- Walsh (Anthony) papers: This collection contains correspondence, articles, and papers relating to Anthony Walsh, professor of psychology at Salve Regina University.